Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Log In

I have no idea what our password is to post blogs...which is why I haven't been posting. Turns out if I find the right computer it has my password saved and automatically puts me through. Good to know!
Currently I am sitting at PSU waiting for Joe to get out of Set Theory. I've been really bored at home so this at least gets me out of the house. Usually I can keep myself busy doing things but lately I've been feeling isolated, lonely, and antsy. This was to be expected, moving to PDX after being used to living within 5 minutes of lots of friends, but nonetheless it's not fun to be in the middle of it. I found a job that is suppose to start this week and the waiting for the background check to go through and for them to call me is driving me crazy. But, it's also been making me think a lot about "waiting" and "purpose". Yesterday the term "lonely as hell" came to mind as I was sitting rereading a book, bored. Although bored and yes, lonely, I don't identify with the term. Hell would have to be absolute loneliness with no hope of that changing. Although in need of something to do and people to invest in, I don't have a deep underlying depression from lack of connection. I am never deserted by God and that is always an encouragement. I've been imagining what life would look like without that foundation. Horrible!
On a different note, we are trying to find a place to live in PDX. While we'd love to live downtown within walking distance of PSU and my job, it's very expensive for anything not a dump. (I've realized how grateful I am for our 950 sq ft home with a beautiful kitchen.) We need to decide by December what kind of place we are looking for. I have only rented one apartment in my life so this is pretty much new to me. Craigslist is rather discouraging. If you live in the area and know of more resources for listings/housesitting/etc. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: